A humanoid robot is among the finest inventions of technology used widely in various walks of life! For a vast number of operations and activities, the humanoid robot mechanism is popularly applicable. The jobs that only human labor could do long back have now efficiently done by such robots.
They are now even challenging the human labor force as well. In humans, it is an advanced way to make robotic humans and complete the task. Whether its performance in industries or the daily applications, these types of robots are efficient and usable. For all kinds of well-designed and structured tasks, humanoid robot advantages are innumerable.
How to make a humanoid robot?
Before knowing about the benefits, types, and future of humanoid robots, let’s take a look at the steps for making such a robot. If you follow every step correctly, it is possible to create your personal humanoid robots, but there is a lot more detailed information that you need to know in advance.
Steps on how to make a humanoid robot?
- Step 1– Start by preparing the body frame and head of the humanoid robot. With the help of 16 servos, 4 micro servo, and 8 high tors servo as well as a broken head Robo, you can create a ping pong ball. Other things you need are raspberry, Arduino, and microcontroller along with flat water pipe PVC and other instructed elements.
- Step 2– Now, draw a robot’s leg by creating a model that you can customize as per the robot size. Put high tors at the ankle joints and then hold PVC shape with the little fire. Prepare the holder frame for the high tors servo and make a double mount shaff on a servo. Add a small tube with glue, a back screw, and ang for holding the servo. Create the right leg size of correct weight and height.
- Step 3– Prepare a hand and the griper with no other thing but making a leg. If a similar size servo is available, give it a frame joint look. Extend the human lookalike fingers at the griper and add a bit of a humanoid robot mechanism to it.
- Step 4– Add all the parts and give it a perfect finishing. Now you have the hand, leg, body, and head of the robot ready to be well-merged with the help of screws. Add a suitable battery holder and cover the foot part with a flat PVC to it. Make use of some manual work and fire for the finishing touch.
Now you know all about what is a humanoid robot and how to make a humanoid robot. Now let’s learn about humanoid robots’ advantages and disadvantages. After knowing all the facts about humanoid robots, you can get to know more about their efficiency.
Pros and cons of Humanoid robots
The benefits of Humanoid robots are as follows:
- The humanoid robot’s appearance depends on the human body, and it comprises the torso having two legs, a head, and two arms. There are also the eyes, face, and mouth of these robots, which resemble humans. Gynoids are the popular female resembling robots.
- Advanced head design along with other human-like facial features helps in several functional uses. It can interact exceptionally and work in various environments for environmental uses.
- Such a humanoid robot can carry out any task as they include proper software in it. It appears realistic and has a cognition with physical autonomy. For futuristic and dangerous missions related to space exploration, such robots are usable. But they are helpful in natural disasters and for daily chores.
- For a variety of educational purposes, humanoid robots are highly usable. With the help of these robots, teachers and students can interact with kids through simple operations.
- Advanced humanoid robots are also helpful in taking care of sick people, gathering rubbish from homes and offices. It also gives you the direction to move on streets and help in the development of the economy.
- Businesses and companies also use humanoid robots to replace human jobs and deliver high work efficiency. In many commercial spaces, it is also usable for entertainment purposes and performing tasks for entertainment purposes. They can even amuse you by singing and dancing as humans do.
- Artificial intelligence in humanoid robots is at par as it replaces the work humans do with much more efficiency. In times of disaster, you need the best humanoid robots for rapid advancement and advanced engineering levels.
- Artificial intelligence in humanoid robots is also applicable in the military for real-time interaction with people. They have several features like variable flexibility, law enforcement, and movement redundancy.
- Humanoid robot working also helps older people by taking their care and ensuring complete safety.
Such robots also work in factories and could perform repetitive tasks without any errors.
- Among the top benefits of humanoid robots is using a humanoid mechatronic system that is rich in complicated sensorimotor capabilities. They play a crucial part in the process of robotics research.
So, these are the advantages of humanoid robots.
Disadvantages of a humanoid robot
- The humanoid robot is quite expensive, and it depends on the level of advancement it has. Such robots are proving helpful to society, but it depends on who can afford them as well. Many companies benefit from it, but jobs are getting down for nurses, secretaries, and pharmacists.
- Low-income or middle-class families could not afford such robots as it needs a lot of investment and information about humanoid robots to succeed.
- Using robots for everyday tasks can make you more dependent on them to cook food, wash dishes, and take care of children. It can also make you very lazy and dependent on small chores.
- Robotic automation is replacing the prospects of traditional jobs and manufacturing, agriculture, fire fighting, and foodservice industries. As a result, it leads to adverse effects on the economy of the nation.
Types of Humanoid robots
Different types of humanoid robots are responsible for performing various types of tasks and responsibilities. Here is a list of 7 types of humanoid robots.
1. Ocean one
It is a bimanual and underwater humanoid robot that Stanford robotics labs created to explore the coral reefs. This type of humanoid robot can reach out the depth of water where humans cannot reach. Such an invention is the epitome of artificial intelligence and the synergy of robotics. New age people also call it the ‘robo mermaid’ that is useful for managing underwater pressure, and its anthropomorphic design has many navigational capabilities.
The next option in the list for different types of humanoid robots is Atlas! It is the most dynamic humanoid robot in work used for rescue missions. Supervised by the United States Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), it is highly effective in tough terrains and manages obstacles.
Isn’t it fascinating to play a soccer game with adorable baby-sized robots? Nao is an impressive 23-inch robot that took part in the RoboCup standard platform league. This humanoid robot’s working includes sensors, software, and motors. Nao is also a helpful humanoid robot that helps giving education to autistic children. Even in India’s famous institutions like IIT Kanpur and IIT Allahabad, this human-robot made its first premiere.
Petman is another type of humanoid robot used for various chemical and biological tests. US military made use of this robot that is nearly 6 feet tall and weighs 80 kilos. It can walk at the speed of 7.08 Km every hour and is known as the speedy bipedal robot. The robot surface has many sensors and works in times of chemical or biological warfare.
Robear is a humanoid robot that defines the gentle machine touch and is usable for lighter operation purposes. Japan highly uses this robot to carry out tasks like carrying patients with a human touch. Its earlier models got released in the years 2009 and 2011. For the healthcare industry, this is a great robot.
Pepper is the following type of humanoid robot that expresses various emotions like joy, sadness, and anger. It is a natural robot having several facial expressions, and therefore it is used for interaction in banks, stores, and even supermarkets.
It is also a famous humanoid robot that can answer several questions. Earlier it was immobile, but after getting legs in 2018, movement is possible.
Applications of humanoid robots
Applications of humanoid robots are now visible in various walks of life. But can they have a prospect in industrial spaces, or is it hype? Robots are probably the big win of this decade. An estimation suggests that they can perform 25% of the overall labor tasks by the year 2025. Improvements and performance of these robots are also at an all-time high. And there are many reasons for the same such as cost reduction and the performance boost.
Several countries like the United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea, and Canada are the leading competitors of robot adoption. Humanoid robots’ applications are t a peak in the industries like electronic products, computers, machinery, transportation equipment, and electrical appliances. Almost 75% of the humanoid robots are available with the installation in 2025.
Robotics is proving highly effective in the service industry as it facilitates many types of tasks with ease. It assists humans with powered human exoskeletons, autonomous mobile robots, and telepresence robots.
History of Humanoid Robots
The modern-day Humanoid robot is like a toddler. They impart a unique essence of fear, awe, and admiration. Robots can also simplify your life and impart a safer environment for you. The Robot term appears from the Czech, which is also known as ‘Forced labor.’ Such robots appear more like the metal-made humans from the chemical batter. Future humanoid robots are quite efficient and end up growing like the killing spree.
A humanoid robot is a human-like intelligent machine that is also free from fictional depictions. They are brilliant and prompt in decision-making. Such robots can also perform a wide array of tasks and even modify the environment. Robotics is shaping the new age world with its precision and error-free delivery of services in various industries.
Further speaking, humanoid robot working is sci-fi based. It is amongst the most challenging options as it helps robots work in a technically sound environment and keep a good balance on two legs. However, they are also helpful in performing various rescue operations as it helps in navigation through the environment for the humans. And it also acts as a nuclear reactor. It is a perfect combination of a gearbox and an electric motor. In the field of robotics, the benefits of humanoid robots are ample.
Future of Humanoid robot
With the help of the latest technologies, robots can help you beyond the access of human capabilities. Right from self-driven cars to building transformations, such robots are applicable everywhere. Actuators determine the strength of robots, and without them, they are similar to rag dolls. Robotics plays a massive role in the detection of temperature and sensation for setting up specific things.
Final words on Humanoid robot
Advanced humanoid robots are sophisticated and human-like machines that help people to become relatively self-sufficient. Without proper programming, it is not possible to encounter dedicated tasks through such robots. And that’s where the role of artificial intelligence in humanoid robots comes in.
So, it is imperative to determine the complete know-how on these robots from the guide above so that you can ensure the advantages of these technological wonders!